Internal medicine ward (Heart 1)a
INTERNAL HEART UNIT I
This unit commenced its activity in 2000 simultaneous with the opening of the hospital.
With the area of 490 square meters, the Heart Unit I has 10 rooms for admission of patients, of which 2 are private rooms and 8 double rooms. This unit is located on the second floor of the hospital. The rooms of patients have semi-automatic beds, refrigerator, TV; while the private rooms have sofa, dining table, LED TV and added dresser. The whole patient rooms are equipped with central oxygen and suction, air conditioning system and fan. The unit is equipped with all medical equipment required including defibrillator, portal suction, pump syringe, electrocardiograph system, raging mattress for the patients who may need it.
This unit is capable for admission for different patients:
- Admission for patients with heart disease from the emergency unit and CCU and rendering necessary services to them;
- Preparing the patients selected by the physicians of the unit for angiography and Pci;
- Admission for postoperative patients and preparing them for being transferred to the operating room;
- Following up surgery consultations for those patients who, after angiography, need to undergo surgery and are admitted to the unit;
- Specifying the time of surgery for them and preparing them for this purpose;
- Admission for the patients from cath lab and cares after angiography and providing required trainings to the patient and his/her attendant;
- Postoperative admission for the patients from the surgery ward due to shortage of empty bed in the surgery ward;
In this unit, a matron along with 12 registered nurses, 1 secretary, 5 nursing assistants and 2 servants work.
In the furtherance of prospect and mission of the hospital, this unit attempts to render the best services of the highest quality and safety to patients through creating high satisfaction in the patients, their attendants and the personnel of the unit.